Sunday, October 28, 2012

The little things which matters the most

03rd  of October,2012, any other normal day for me, returning from college, met my friend, had a great little chit chat at his place, talked all sorts of crap-o things with him, in-short had a great time as usual, boarded the overly crowded metro, it was like standing on everybody’s heads, overly crowded in the sense that I was stuffed in a way that I can’t reach even my own jean’s pocket and fetch my cell phone. After some stations the situation eased a bit and I was like huff! And took out my cell phone and called my mom coz dad usually never answers my call at this point of time, why I don’t know and it’s like pure co-incidence that whenever I call at this point of time, his phone is kept at place where no one can hear its ringing. So, coming back to, I called my mom and asked if dad can come and fetch me from metro station and she said yes, I was glad on hearing that. Reaching the metro station, I waited impatiently about 15 min and in that impatience I bought shades from a local hawker and my parents arrived and literally jumped into the car and felt like  I have been standing from eternity and now I get or earned a chance to sit down and relax. During commuting back home, we stopped at a chaat wala and stood in the long que for our number to come, being impatient, again, I just started to walk to a nearby market plaza, searched for a washroom, got relaxed there…aah!! And moved into the Dominos restaurant to check if they had that new offering for which advertisements were coming on television and remembering that my mother wanted to have that particular dish. So I decided to surprise mom and moved-in for ordering, while approaching the billing counter where a overly smiling attendant was gazing upon me like I am some kind of messiah coming to save her from the target completion sort of situation but on reaching the counter I got a kind of gut feeling that I should check my wallet first, being an gut-feeling believer, I checked my wallet and alas! it had only Rs. 40 only and in denomination of ten rupee notes. I gazed upon it for some seconds and those seconds was like eternity for me. Returning back to senses I closed my wallet put it back in my jean’s back pocket, raised my head, feebly smiled at the overly smiling, now suspicious attendant and in a turn I swiftly walked out from the restaurant to that  chaat hawker where my parents were standing and enjoying gol gappas. I went to my mother and in her ear I told her about that new dish she wanted. In that small fraction of second, my eyes met hers and saw a small gleam for a fraction of second from which I sensed that she wants to have that dish, but being a parent and having a wiser thinking, she was reluctant to go to the restaurant, but I managed to persuade her and took mom and dad to dominos, where proudly and stomp-marching with my chest doubled in from its original size, ordered that dish and a butterscotch moose and sat with my parents. While sitting and chit-chatting and them asking about what i did in college today….not again!!! I simply deflected that question on countering them by asking that where you guys went today and getting the usual answer. In that convo I saw my mother smile and felt that she was actually happy from inside which is getting reflected in her smile. On seeing her happy from inside I also felt happy and relaxed and all my tiredness was gone in a flick.

We got our order, moved back to our car and started again on the way to home. While going back we were chatting as usual and from where, I really don’t know from where the word “movie” came in and we decided to for a movie called “OMG oh my God”. Mom right away dialled my sister’s cell phone number and asked her to check the timings of the movie. As I was driving, I turned the steering and headed towards the multiplex. We got there, luckily got tickets for the next available show and headed back to home.

 On reaching home we all ate, while eating I asked mom, how’s the dish and she was like it’s okay-ish but not great, but while having that I sensed that mom is enjoying that dish not by its taste but by the emotion attached to it. I was like totally happy and satisfied in seeing her happy and offered my own piece to Dad coz I was then kind of not-hungry not in the literal sense. We all then moved out as we were already late and my Dad’s usual way getting decently dressed for going out of the house. We reached the multiplex just in time and the movie was, in my words AWESOME and on which I will share my thoughts in my next blog….so bye for now and a small song which comes in the Vodafone advertisement might suit this particular situation. Here it follows:-

 

“The little things you do for me and nobody else make me feel good, the little things you do for me makin’ me smile when no one else could”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment